Tuesday August 22nd, 2017

The exercise:

Write two haiku about things that are: in the water.

Took the boys to the splash park this morning. It's amazing how into Miles is. He'll just go right in there and get soaked and start laughing. Jet of water to the face? Hilarious to him.

Max is getting there. I think Miles' enthusiasm helps.

I've been mixed up on my days my whole weekend. Feels like I should be going back to work tomorrow but I get one more day off. It's nice. Different, but nice.

Mine:

I can do you in
with just the sight of my fin...
what about my grin?

*     *     *

A sunken ship at
the bottom of the sea, home
to rust, gold, and... ME!

2 comments:

Greg said...

Hmm, sounds like you've got one introvert and one extrovert there then... that should fun as they get older :)
I completely understand the losing track of days thing: there's enough going on here that I thought Friday was Tuesday for quite a while a couple of weeks ago -- that was a happy correction!
Your first haiku wins this week because of the rhyming and for never mentioning who the speaker is, but letting it be obvious from the haiku alone :)

In the water
Dolores can't swim
Right now. Her "friends" gave her an
Overcoat she must

Wear. Concrete proof that
Naive loyalty gets you
Sunk in the harbour.

Marc said...

Greg - ah, such a good acrostic. 'Concrete proof' is a great turn of phrase here too.