Thursday February 19th, 2009

The exercise:

President Obama visited Canada today, which attracted quite a little crowd of his fans over in Ottawa. I was reading an article on the visit this afternoon and there was a mention near the end that standing next to Obama, Prime Minister Harper received a few 'unfavorable comparisons' from onlookers.

This made me laugh. And then it made me think - that's a good writing prompt! So go ahead and make a few unfavorable comparisons. I'll admit a few... okay, all of mine made me laugh.

Mine:

His beard hairs were like the bristles of a porcupine that had recently performed a somersault in a compost pile.

Her voice reminded me of the screeching sound heard when a speeding car rubs against a metal railing.

His shirt was about as attractive as a three-toed sloth in heat.

At first I thought the paintings had been created by a rabid, color blind, one-armed monkey. In heat.

My nose caught a whiff of her perfume and I wondered how many Tasmanian devils had died to create that unique fragrance.

3 comments:

Laura Jayne said...

That is the last time I stand near you to discuss my artwork. :)

Unknown said...

LOL! I love your funny stuff best, Marc. You have a razor-sharp wit. (How's that for a positive comparison? :p)

Marc said...

Laura Jayne - but my *second* thought was, 'why am I wearing glasses?' and then I took them off and my *next* thought was, 'oh these are really beautiful!' :D

Ana - I seem to be working on a bunch of serious stories on Protag right now - Tagged, A Fighting Chance, Team Bigamy (lol), Routine... I need to get back to the funny over there.

Glad you enjoyed these though!